Wednesday 13 July 2011

Slowly Undo It

Just a bit more...


A tame image for the front page of my new web site http://slowly.undo.it


As usual I started with the easy grid method.


I felt the ruffles on the top were a key detail feature of this image and were needed to set the tones of the image so I started with them.


Next I added some darker tones to add turning plains, and a border to contain the top on the left side.


For balance I added the opposite next, and aimed for slightly darker tones as the model's arm is turned away on this side.


The sleeves of this top were a little lighter than the main body. I added the key darker areas first to define the shape of the material.


Continuing I then completed the tone for the rest of the sleeve.


Once the top was blocked out I added the bra where the main contrast is in this image.


Then the shade tones were added to give shape to the breasts. These were a balance between darker tones to show shape and keeping the contrast with the bra. Also the skin near the bra was kept light as the curve of the breasts were reflecting the light.




The hands were added with light tones as they were near the level of the light and the edges held the most contrast as they case slight shadows.


Multiple slight passes were then made over the whole image to enhance edges and turning plains.

No comments:

Post a Comment