Tuesday 11 October 2011

Trap II

Not the natural tones :)


An experiment using colours from a different pallet to the reference. This was an interesting picture to was as it seemed to change quite a bit during the process.


Started with the easy grid method again, with a hard to see scan :)


Working with my base blue colour I stared to work on the light and dark tones.


I ended up adding more monochrome tones than I had intended to do to start with as I got carried away with the image :)


Then I added the reflections on the hard bracelet.


Things started to change a bit when I then added the yellow layer. I was trying to drop this in for the light tones, which was difficult as I normally work dark to light, to this was a challenge and probably something I was working to fix for the rest of the image.


The purple/pink colour that went on next really helped to smooth in the mid tones and add some warmth. This did seem to work well with the previous yellow layer.


Finally I needed to use black for the dark tones at the pencil set wasn't giving any more depth from the other colours, and it gave the cloth a neutral contrast to the skin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment